Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Love defined...


It so happens that over the years, I happen to find loose papers (treasures) in my cupboard, drawers & shelves with small random lines & thoughts scribbled on them; thoughts which I would have intended to publish on my blog later but forgot about them in the day to day life.

Following is one such piece I had written during my post-graduation (residency) which I found, so thought of publishing it now, before I lose it again.

WHAT IS LOVE?

Love is living for each other… caring without boundaries… the early morning talks… the late night discussions… planning the future together… travelling together… going on an adventure trail… enjoying the craziness of life… cherishing every moment… laughing together… crying together… sharing secrets... respecting each other’s needs… giving equal contribution to the relationship… standing rock solid ever in all the highs and lows… knowing when to draw the line… sharing dreams together… the fights, the arguments… forgiveness… accepting each other’s flaws… complementing each other… doing household chores together… playing games… enjoying music… dancing… communicating… constructive criticism… keeping in touch with family members… buying small gifts… surprises and movie tickets… spontaneous shopping… mutually respecting each other… walking on the beach together… enjoying the sunrises and sunsets… pulling each other’s leg… pulling pranks on each other… watching old videos and photographs together… buying flowers… experimenting with cooking… and the list goes on (I will try to continue to build it up).

It really doesn’t cost much to really love someone!!

No comments: