Thursday, December 27, 2012

2012



Life is a mystery, that interesting unread novel one cannot wait to know what’s next and the best journey one undertakes as it helps to discover and explore the unimaginable potential of the human mind and spirit.

Sitting all alone under the dim lamp light in my hostel room at KDAH, I can’t prevent myself from my retrospection of 2012 and also wait for the feeling to sink in that the year is finally drawing to a close. Never ever have I done this in my 5 years of blogging but I guess 2012 was a special year for me both professionally and personally to write about.

Some of the biggest highlights for me were:-
My Brother’s Wedding: Certainly the best and the biggest family get together and function I have ever seen in many years after being stuck with studies for as long as I can remember. Never had I imagined it would be so much fun, although I was the official driver, watchman (for the cash & jewels) and a babysitter for 8-10 cousins present at the wedding.

Joining the Masters in Emergency Medicine at KDAH: It is by far the best thing to happen in life as it has provided me the professional, social and financial security for the future. All the hard work since childhood has finally paid off with the blessings of my family, teachers and few other well wishers. What makes me proud is to have paid the entire 1st year fees of a whooping 3.5 lakhs off my entire savings (after deduction of expenses) from the money I earned over the past 15 months, after starting to work exactly a week after completion of 5.5 years of the gruesome MBBS.

Faking News: Doctor’s Lounge: Although is started out of boredom as a Facebook page in 2011, it has strongly built up its reputation and maintained high standards only in 2012 with its awesome news content, cartoons, headlines, conversations and funny tips. My independent one man show there (and I’m proud of it) has given me so many fans, friends, visitors, subscribers, messages, comments and likes that I can finally believe, “I’m not a bad writer after all”. Faking News: Doctor’s Lounge provided me a platform to explore some witty creative thoughts and an opportunity to try a hand at writing satire. Imagination can really run wild.

Writing the title track for Rock On 2: I distinctly remember listening to the original song tune almost a 1000 times before writing one of my best songs till date in January 2012. Sad that the movie got shelved and the song never saw the light of the day. Don’t know if it ever will but it is now my dream to perform and sing that song on stage, whenever hopefully Band Ignition makes a comeback concert at LTMMC in few years to come.

And yes, there were other things too which excited me like the ACLS/BLS workshop, my 1st independent intubation, central line, learning sonography, 2D Echo, the appreciation, hugs from many patients and their relatives at work. With so many happening things, saving lives, I sometimes feel to be among God’s special people, feeling close to Him and at peace with myself.

Looking forward to my life now, some unfulfilled dreams. I will begin 2013 on a high with a visit to the Siddhivinayak Temple, launching my own ‘dot com’ website in January and then my wandering trip to Jaipur, Agra, Fatehpur Sikri and Delhi. Joined the gym last month and hope to achieve a dream body in 2013, at least be somewhat close to what I looked like in 2nd MBBS minus 25 kgs of extra weight now. And then celebrate my 26th birthday in February.

Can’t wait to roar out in the world in 2015, get a decent job, buy my 1st car (driving remains my first love) which definitely will be a fully loaded black 4X4 SUV, extensively travel abroad, see the world, get all famous, so that with time, I can ultimately achieve my only goal in life- “To leave behind a legacy”. All I want is to be remembered for the person I am, the little things I accomplish, create, the charity work which I will eventually do and leave behind footsteps for many others to follow, spreading joy and my motto in life, “Nothing is Impossible, its I-M-Possible.”

No comments: