Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I dream Dreams.


It was in August 1992 that I was brought to this city of dreams….All we got was a scooter, a color television and some Rs.25,000 (salaries used to be starting from 300-400 in the eighties)….we had no idea what life would be like…..we just came.

19 years later, I’m a doctor working at one of the best hospitals in the city….life looks settled after going through all these years of hardships, hard work, ups and downs in life, never losing hope…just the dreams in my eyes…the burning desire to make it big in life, among the greats one day…I couldn’t be happier at this junction of my life.

Every single day I crave to be at AHIRC casualty….the sense of pride to dress smartly….formally…branded clothes…my trademark sunglasses...all from my hard earned money...then driving to work at more than 100 plus speeds…I feel alive every moment now…I had never thought life could be so great coming out of a government hospital….the world of losers, narrow minded souls, the corrupt officers, inhuman condition to work, no job satisfaction……I had never enjoyed myself away from creativity, always studying….Now I really feel I have arrived…..my confidence is over the roof…the desire is burning more fiercely now.

I am also so surprised that so many people from my LTMMC ‘05 batch would be so jealous that I’m doing well in life… “ Guys, your higher marks in the exams do not guarantee that you are a better doctor….It’s just your misconception that you know more than me”….I only laugh on reaching home on those narrow minded ‘un grown’ boys and girls (not mature enough to be called doctors).

Well, the studies seem to be going fine….job is awesome….business ideas in the hospitality industry popping up in my head from time to time…there is so much to learn from everyday life…Now, I have realized how easy it is to be the ‘deserving’ doctor SAHEB for people…50% of them feel good the moment a doctor opens his/her mouth….the faith, the confidence…the trust builds up right there…. I will never stop clinical medicine in spite of my MBA aspirations, it really is very satisfying.

On a lighter note, I admit to have had crushes, been in love (no relationship), had my heart broken….it’s just that career was always the priority….there was no time for love….but I guess it’s time now to find some worthy enough of my love..…(dream girl, if you are reading this, do get in touch).

Just wanting to work harder now…I want to really try out in life what I have always trusted in… “If you believe in the beauty of your dreams, then nothing is impossible”….can’t wait to see the future unfold….see what destiny I’m born with….thank you God for all these wonderful years….You really have been kind to me ‘FINALLY’….been there to give me strength always…my pillar of support…as my best friend…Love You….Hope to see happier years ahead !!

2 comments:

Deepak Kumar Singh said...

It sounds like a matrimonial ad!!:p
I am happy for you sir..keep rocking!!:)

Facebook- Rahul Attarde, Deepak Kumar said...

Liked !