Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Lovestory



Flowers bloomed in my heart,
I know now why,
Stars twinkled in my eyes,
I know not why,
Life looked so perfect,
I know not why.

Then I decided to give it a thought,
I asked my mind, my heart & soul,
Eureka! I’ve found my answer,
Yes, I know now that I’m in love.

Day and night I’m thinking of her,
Sunrise and sunset I’m thinking of her,
Everything goes so fast around,
And yet I’m only thinking about her,
Has time come to a standstill ?

I thought, I thought & I was going crazy,
I decided to express the feeling from within,
Citing a chance one day I told her,
And waited patiently for her answer…

Life had changed completely for now,
I was getting impatient, restless
Every minute seemed like an hour,
And every hour seemed like a day.
Every time I thought of her,
The bubbles of expectations popped up in my heart.

Now the day has finally come,
My happiness knows no bounds,
Getting ready for the perfect charismatic look,
I looked at myself in the mirror and thought,
The clouds of darkness will disappear today,
With a smile, I left for her.

Met her at the corner of the road,
Our eyes met and my heart beats raced,
….. Just waiting for her reply,
With a mystical smile, she said ……. NO

My heart broke into a million pieces,
My smile then evaded me,
It seemed like someone had stabbed me in the heart,
Dejected, I turned to go.

Sitting quietly under a tree,
I thought to myself – Why am I showing no feelings?
Suddenly, my face lit up and I said to myself,
Why should I cry? I have not lost anything.
I lost someone who did not love me,
But she lost someone who really loved her…

Next morning was a new beginning,
The wind buzzed in my ears,
The birds chirped and gave me strength,
The fragrance of flowers left me mesmerised,
Life looked so beautiful all over again,
For me that girl was just a bait,
God said – For true love now my child you have to wait.

(Written to express the feelings of my best friend)

No comments: